Year Level Description
In Year 5 the following units are covered:
- Australian Rules Football.
- Health Focus.
- Touch Football.
- Water Safety.
By the end of the year students are expected to:
- understand and describe the reasons for physical activity;
- co-operate in a team or group situation and work together to improve performance;
- expand their range of skills and perform them with increasing precision, skill and accuracy;
- effectively and efficiently receive, move with and propel an object with increasingly correct technique;
- begin to evaluate the performance of and give constructive feedback to peers;
- begin to describe and analyse the various roles required in competitive sports;
- consolidate their swimming and safety skills in the water;
- perform survival techniques of sculling, treading water, floating and survival strokes while clothed;
- use technology to provide feedback and further skill development;
- demonstrate attacking and defending techniques when playing invasion games e.g. touch football, basketball and netball, and strike and field games e.g. softball and cricket.