This course is based on the textbook, Chinese Made Easy 1 and offers an introduction to the Chinese language, and aspects of Chinese culture relevant to the topics covered.
In this unit students:
- develop an understanding of Chinese characters and learn to read and write Chinese;
- learn to speak Chinese and perform simple dialogues;
- learn how to count in Chinese, how to greet each other, how to introduce oneself and others, and how to describe everyday objects;
- learn how to describe their family;
- learn to describe jobs;
- develop skills through a wide range of activities including language games, role-play, videos, writing tasks and computer assisted tasks.
- Unit tests - vocabulary, reading and grammar.
- A variety of written and oral tasks.
- Research and cultural projects.