Changemakers - Core Enrichment
Core Enrichment Unit
Are you ready to make the world a better place?
In this elective you will use your creative and critical thinking skills to explore a socially important problem that is relevant to you such as road safety outside the school, helping our elders remain independent, access to clean water for people in developing countries, waste disposal and recycling in the urban environment.
Working in groups, you will approach this problem from a design thinking perspective where you will:
- Conduct research and source data to understand and explore your problem and communicate this to an audience, convincing them of the importance of your idea.
- Engage in a range of activities designed to help you develop empathy and understanding of the problem and its impact on humans
- Work collaboratively using the design process to generate ideas, to prototype and critique possibilities
- Design a product offering a solution to your initially identified problem.
You will then share your solution with others and seek feedback, you may even make a working model of your solution. Viola – you have changed the world!
This subject gives students the time and opportunity to focus on the development of the Carey Positive Learner Attributes
This is a double elective. You will be able to get in the flow, engage in deep thinking and enjoy significant collaboration time.
- Written report, presenting the research evidence for socially important problem that you have identified.
- Green light pitch – communicating the data in an Infographic to convince an audience of the importance of your idea.
- The Design of a product.
- Sharing and enacting your solution.
- Learning journal indicating the development of the Attributes.