Students with a particular passion for, or aptitude in, physical activity may select this Elective unit. The unit is one semester long and focusses on the development of physical skill and prowess with a specific coaching focus.
This exciting course aims to:
- increase the opportunity for motivated students to be involved in physical activity and recreational activities different to what is provided in the core Physical Education curriculum;
- explore theories and concepts incorporated in the practical component of physical education;
- increase personal fitness and skill competencies in a range of activities;
- nurture and extend personal competitive skills;
- develop leadership and team responsibility.
A number of activities are undertaken each term.
- Bubble Soccer
- Lawn Bowls.
- Aquatic Activities.
- Team Games.
- Ten Pin Bowling.
- Peer Teaching.
- Peer Coaching Assessment.
- Skill Level: individual performance and understanding the strategies required for achieving successful outcomes.
- Social Responsibility: valuing fair play, respect for others and leadership qualities.
- Participation: application, attitude, co-operation and initiative.
- Reflection: identifying areas for improvement and setting future learning goals.