Year Level Description
Prep students use their imagination, ideas, feelings and experiences when making and presenting visual artwork. They start to develop their skills in using art materials, tools, techniques and processes and explore each of the art forms: drawing, painting, collage, printmaking, mixed media, design, construction, ceramics and computer technology. Students use and explore the art elements of line, shape, colour, form and texture within each art form. They are introduced to and explore a range of design principles including repetition, pattern, variety and contrast. They discuss their artwork and the artwork in their community.
By the end of the year students will be expected to:
- Identify, distinguish and create different types of lines with a variety of media.
- Use lines to create shapes, patterns and texture.
- Identify and use primary colours.
- Understand that primary colours mixed together create secondary colours
- Identify, create and use warm and cool colours.
- Understand the difference between acrylic and watercolour paint.
- Understand what collage is.
- Understand what a print is.
- Distinguish between two-dimensional form and three-dimensional form
- Understand basic clay slab and joining techniques.
- Understand that artwork can be created on an iPad.