Year Level Description
In Year 1 the following units are covered:
- Ball Skills.
- Dance/Gym Skills.
- Games Skills.
- Movement Exploration.
- Water Safety.
By the end of the year students are expected to:
- demonstrate a simple movement sequence through dance;
- begin to develop the skills to release and obtain a ball, using feet or equipment in the following ways: kick, strike, trap and return in individual and group activities;
- begin to develop the correct action when running, leaping, dodging, jumping and landing;
- begin to develop control over own movements showing variations in speed, shape, direction, level and balance;
- begin to develop the skills to deliver and control a ball with hands in the following ways: throw, chase, field and catch;
- explain in simple terms the rules and procedures to ensure safe conduct in games and activities.