Year Level Description
In Year 2 the following units are covered:
- Ball Skills.
- Dance/Gym Skills.
- Games Skills.
- Movement Exploration.
- Water Safety.
By the end of the year students are expected to:
- demonstrate a choreographed movement sequence through dance;
- release and obtain a ball, using feet or equipment in the following ways: kick, strike, trap and return in individual and group activities;
- use the correct action when running, leaping, dodging, jumping and landing;
- control own movements to show variations in speed, shape, direction, level, balance and agility;
- deliver and control a ball with hands in the following ways: throw, chase, field and catch;
- explain the rules and procedures needed for the safe conduct of games and activities.