Year 7 Chinese or equivalent.
The course is based on the textbook, Discover China and students study aspects of Chinese culture relevant to the topics. Students:
- expand their reading and writing of Chinese characters so that they are able to communicate in written Chinese;
- use spoken Chinese in a variety of situations to discuss where people live, talk about birthdays, go shopping, play sports and give or receive directions;
- develop skills through a wide range of activities including role play, games, videos, writing and reading tasks;
- complete a variety of computer tasks including using Chinese word processing software to write in Chinese characters.
Topics covered include:
- Dates and time.
- Shopping and clothing.
- Directions and transport.
- Aural and reading comprehension.
- Cultural projects.
- Oral tasks.
- Writing tasks.