Students develop their understanding of food while acquiring skills that enable them to take greater ownership of their food decisions and eating patterns. They apply principles of nutrition and sensory evaluation to food planning and preparation. Students demonstrate practical skills, including organisational and technical, in relation to the preparation, cooking and presentation of food. Sustainable food practices are investigated with a focus on the work of a contemporary organisation.
- How do I work safely and hygienically in the kitchen?
- What are the functions of ingredients?
- How do I effectively analyse the nutrient content of foods?
- How do I follow the design process?
- What are sustainable food practices?
- Food production.
- Kitchen hygiene and food safety test.
- Food sustainability assessment task.