Year 8 Chinese or equivalent.
The course is based on the textbook, Chinese Made Easy 2 and students study aspects of Chinese culture relevant to the topics. Students:
- expand their reading and writing of Chinese characters so that they are able to continue writing short descriptive passages by using text types in Chinese;
- expand on sentences by using several conjunctions;
- use spoken Chinese in a variety of situations to discuss housing and furniture, weather, illness, food, and pets;
- further develop skills through a wide range of activities including role play, picture talking, games, posters, reading and writing tasks;
- complete a variety of computer tasks including using Chinese word processing software to write Chinese written pieces and using PowerPoint to create topic-related slides.
- Cultural projects.
- Writing tasks.
- Oral tasks.
- Listening and reading comprehension.
- Year 9 Examination.